Name:Charles Basil BouldenRank: Lieutenant Colonel Service Number:10840Service:Royal Canadian EngineersHeadquarters 26th Indian DivisionAwards: Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE)Date of Birth: August 19, 1902Place of Birth:Elizabethtown, Leeds and Grenville County, OntarioDate of Death:January 29, 1944Age:42Cemetery:Calcutta (Bhowanipore) Cemetery, IndiaGrave: Plot L. Grave 127.Commemorated on Page 254 of the Second World War Book of RemembranceDisplayed in the Memorial Chamber of the Peace Tower in Ottawa on May 28Charles Basil Boulden was the son of the Reverend Charles John Boulden, M.A., D.C.L. (1858-1909), and Edith Mary (Denne) Boulden (1866-1945), of Canada. Both his parents were born in Kent County in England. His father, in Margate, and his mother in Lynsted. His brother Charles Howard Boulden served Canada in the First World War with the Chaplain Service.He grew up in Windsor, Nova Scotia with his siblings and mother. Charles was a hockey player who was a reserve forward for the British National Team at the 1924 Winter Olympics. He did not appear in any games at the tournament (but played 1923-1924).His father was a former president of the Kings College. Charles Boulden was educated at the Royal Military College in Kingston, Ontario, together with several hockey friends like Brian Carr-Harris (WC 1931) and Peter Fair (EC 1932 and WC 1934). Charles attended Military School of Engineers in Chatham, England.He was made an Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) on December 16, 1943. Lieutenant Colonel Charles Basil Boulden died while serving with the Royal Canadian Engineers in India. He was attached to the Headquarters of the 26th Indian Division.He was Mentioned in Dispatches October 19, 1944 with the following citation: “In recognition of gallant and distinguished services in Burma and on the Eastern Frontier of India.”In the Indian Burmese theatre, two divisions, the British 36th Infantry Division in Calcutta and the 26th Indian Infantry Division, to which Lieutenant Colonel Boulden was attached, at Chittagong, were in reserve in early 1944.